Monday, October 11, 2010

Busy, busy

I feel as if I've been neglecting this blog and my shop! But that's probably because I have been. I have had several custom orders that were multiples, so even my husband and child are having a hard time remembering what I look like ;)

This past week has been especially busy. A friend of mine surprised me with the biggest order I've ever received and then she blessed me on top of that with an investment into my business. It was an investment the size of the "To Do" lists I've been accumulating. I even bought my man dinner and got a few needed essentials (jeans that fit) that I've been in denial about needing. For me, money = bills and pantry. My grandmas know me well enough to write in my cards a note about spending my birthday money on myself, not on the house. I try to listen. It's very hard.

On my Twitter and Facebook page I posted a question as to which lip balm flavor is your favorite. I got a great response and broke down and ordered some flavor oils. I vowed I would NEVER do that (seriously, haven't I learned to stop telling myself I'll NEVER do something yet?!) because I figured you could get pretty smelly stuff filled with yucky chemicals and creepy preservatives anywhere. Why would I want to make you something like that? Then a friend requested peppermint flavored lip balm. I knew I could use essential oil for that, but it also prompted me to do my homework so I wasn't shortchanging my valued customers if I didn't need to.

It turns out that I can make flavored lip balms safely and responsibly and without all the creepy stuff. So glad I took the time to research it instead of just dismissing what you want without thought. I'll keep you posted as new things become available.

But again I ask. What's your favorite flavor? I'd like to build my stash of flavors and want to know what you want :)

No comments: