Saturday, May 29, 2010

Getting Off the Ground

I had a few discouraging days. I was out of supplies, not overly motivated, and just downright bummed. Fairly normal for me. Those periods come and go for no particular reason.

Then I went to the grocery store and just enjoyed the quiet and the rain and my iPod and my son contentedly sighing from the backseat. I had an epiphany. I was irrationally afraid of what people would think of me so I was embarrassed to talk about my business. It made me angry to realize that. I shouldn't be ashamed of a hobby that I enjoy that other people seem to respond to as well. It's a gift to do something you love.

So I told everyone i could think of about my http://www.etsy.com/shop/cjandvox and about my http://www.facebook.com/home.php?src=fftb#!/pages/Kalispell-MT/CJ-Vox/123701967654110

etsy and Facebook are my main attractions right now.

A Facebook friend bought a pencil case yesterday morning and her husband told all his friends about me. He then passed the link on to a friend in marketing who passed it on the 1200 of her contacts. I don't know about you, but I find that to be an astronomical number. I woke up with 5 Fans yesterday. This morning there are 54. The power of word of mouth advertising is a little staggering to me. 54 people isn't really that many, but when you think about it, it is. I just wanted something to do with my spare time and now I am out there.

I am floored. And amazed. And completely encouraged. :) I hope you have people in your life that make you feel the same.

No comments: